最近聽到上面這首很酷的曲子
適合當成史詩或健身、戰鬥風格影片的背景音樂
歌詞中的"A queen of the forest, a wolf in the fray."表明在歌頌女性
才知道北歐維京文化中確有盾女(Shield-maiden)這種身份
乃拿起武器與男性一同並肩作戰的女性戰士古諾斯語稱她們為skjaldmær
北歐神話中女武神(Valkyrie)的形象很可能源自盾女的聯想
但相較於騎著飛馬、引導戰死英靈的女武神
有血有肉 擅長戰鬥的凡間女性顯然更接地氣想起Tom Cruise 2008的電影"Valkyrie"正是據此命名
而且是納粹德國的真實軍事計畫
當遭遇盟軍轟炸 國內反叛或集中營暴動時
可召集一批留守軍以維持政局控制
當初計畫取這名字乃因希特勒超愛作曲家理查華格納(Richard Wagner)
1970年代有科學家對一座十世紀的維京高級將領墓穴進行 DNA 檢測
該墓穴配備全套頂級武器(劍、斧、矛、盾、破甲箭)和兩匹戰馬
原本大家都認定這是男性
結果2017年證實死者百分之百是女性
這顛覆了歷史上對盾女真實存在的質疑
證明維京女性不僅能作戰
甚至能成為軍事指揮官
維京人本身不留文字
但遭維京入侵的拜占庭帝國歷史學家約翰·斯基里澤斯(John Skylitzes)
曾在紀錄中提及西元 971 年的一場戰役後
他們在清理陣亡的維京人時震驚發現女性武裝戰士
西元八到十一世紀的維京時代的女性比較沒有自主權
二戰時期的德國人普遍會用華格納音樂來薰陶子女以彰顯文化自豪感
結果在電影中反抗軍用希特勒最崇拜的文化象徵與軍事計畫來對付他
具有極強的諷刺意味
1970年代有科學家對一座十世紀的維京高級將領墓穴進行 DNA 檢測
該墓穴配備全套頂級武器(劍、斧、矛、盾、破甲箭)和兩匹戰馬
原本大家都認定這是男性
結果2017年證實死者百分之百是女性
這顛覆了歷史上對盾女真實存在的質疑
證明維京女性不僅能作戰
甚至能成為軍事指揮官
維京人本身不留文字
但遭維京入侵的拜占庭帝國歷史學家約翰·斯基里澤斯(John Skylitzes)
曾在紀錄中提及西元 971 年的一場戰役後
他們在清理陣亡的維京人時震驚發現女性武裝戰士
西元八到十一世紀的維京時代的女性比較沒有自主權
盾女很大比例是挑戰社會性別規範的叛逆者
寧可戰死沙場也不接受來自男性的壓迫
這些女戰士漸漸為自己殺出一條血路
贏得相較於當時西歐與亞洲較高的權利與自由
丈夫出海或遠征時全權掌管家族財政、土地與軍事防衛
也可主動離婚
這都來自能像男人一樣以劍盾抗敵的能力
贏得相較於當時西歐與亞洲較高的權利與自由
丈夫出海或遠征時全權掌管家族財政、土地與軍事防衛
也可主動離婚
這都來自能像男人一樣以劍盾抗敵的能力
對音樂的節奏敏銳是我的職業病
所以忍不住提一嘴...
這首曲子拿來跳Samba會很有力
The mist clings heavy to the fjord tonight > 今夜 濃霧緊緊依戀著峽灣
Two shadows moving in the pale moonlight > 兩個身影在蒼白的月光下移動
I check my axe, you sharpen your blade > 我檢查著我的戰斧 妳磨利了妳的刀刃
Side by side, we are never afraid > 並肩而戰 我們從不畏懼
The ravens are watching from the ancient tree > 渡鴉在古樹上注視著
Two shadows moving in the pale moonlight > 兩個身影在蒼白的月光下移動
I check my axe, you sharpen your blade > 我檢查著我的戰斧 妳磨利了妳的刀刃
Side by side, we are never afraid > 並肩而戰 我們從不畏懼
You are't a ghost that following in my wake > 你不是尾隨我身後的幽魂
You're the shield that holds when the mountains quake > 妳是那面地動山搖時依然堅挺的護盾
You're the shield that holds when the mountains quake > 妳是那面地動山搖時依然堅挺的護盾
A queen of the forest, a wolf in the fray > 一位森林女王 是戰場上的孤狼
We march to the rhythm of the iron-grey > 我們伴隨著鐵灰色澤的節奏前進
We march to the rhythm of the iron-grey > 我們伴隨著鐵灰色澤的節奏前進
Equality carved in the runes we we bare > 平等信念鐫刻在我們的符文裡
The weight of the world is a weight we share > 世界的重量由我們共同分擔
The ravens are watching from the ancient tree > 渡鴉在古樹上注視著
I look at you and I see me > 我凝視著你 從中看見我自己
No step behind, no soul to leave > 不落後一步 不棄任何靈魂
Together we plant the warriors seed > 我們一同播下勇士的種子
Gold in the fire, silver in the stone > 火中之金 石中之銀
Two halves of the heart making the circle whole > 兩半的心拼湊出完整的圓
When the shields clash loud and the arrows fly > 當盾牌碰撞 箭矢飛射之際
I've got your back beneath the northern sky > 北方星空下 我會誓死在妳背後守護
Through the thunder and the rain, through the mud and the strife >
I've got your back beneath the northern sky > 北方星空下 我會誓死在妳背後守護
Through the thunder and the rain, through the mud and the strife >
歷經雷霆與暴雨 踏過泥濘與衝突
You are my shield, may the breath of my life > 妳是我的護盾 願你賜我生命氣息
And if we fall where the cold winds blow > 若我們在寒風凜冽的戰場上倒下
Together to Valhalla we will go > 我們也將一同步入Valhalla神殿
You are my shield, may the breath of my life > 妳是我的護盾 願你賜我生命氣息
And if we fall where the cold winds blow > 若我們在寒風凜冽的戰場上倒下
Together to Valhalla we will go > 我們也將一同步入Valhalla神殿
They talk of the berserkers, the rage and the heat > 人們談論著戰士的狂怒與熱血
But a man is a fool if his heart's incomplete > 但若一個人內心殘缺不全便只是愚者
I honour your strength, I honour your name > 我尊崇你的力量 我榮耀你的名號
In the halls of a home we are one and the same > 在家庭廳堂裡我們是平等的一體
When the line breaks thin and the danger is near > 當防線潰散 危險逼近時
You're the silence of steel, the end of my fear > 你鋼鐵般的沉著冷終結了我的恐懼
A bond forged in iron and a love beyond breath > 用鋼鐵鍛造的羈絆 是超越呼吸的愛戀
We walk through the valley of the shadow of death > 我們一同走過死蔭的幽谷
My back bone, my brother, my lover, my light > 你是我的支柱 手足 愛人 光芒
The fiercest star in the darkest night > 最黑暗之夜中最耀眼的星
But a man is a fool if his heart's incomplete > 但若一個人內心殘缺不全便只是愚者
I honour your strength, I honour your name > 我尊崇你的力量 我榮耀你的名號
In the halls of a home we are one and the same > 在家庭廳堂裡我們是平等的一體
When the line breaks thin and the danger is near > 當防線潰散 危險逼近時
You're the silence of steel, the end of my fear > 你鋼鐵般的沉著冷終結了我的恐懼
A bond forged in iron and a love beyond breath > 用鋼鐵鍛造的羈絆 是超越呼吸的愛戀
We walk through the valley of the shadow of death > 我們一同走過死蔭的幽谷
My back bone, my brother, my lover, my light > 你是我的支柱 手足 愛人 光芒
The fiercest star in the darkest night > 最黑暗之夜中最耀眼的星
I will never retreat, I will never look back > 我永不退縮,也絕不回頭
I'm the lightning that strikes in the middle of the pack > 我是那道在狼群中心劈落的驚雷
If you bleed, I bleed; if you stand, I stand > 妳若流血,我便流血;妳若挺立,我並肩挺立
The fate of the gods is held in our hand > 諸神的命運掌握在我們手中
If you bleed, I bleed; if you stand, I stand > 妳若流血,我便流血;妳若挺立,我並肩挺立
The fate of the gods is held in our hand > 諸神的命運掌握在我們手中
Until the halls of gold >直到那座黃金宮殿為止
Side by side till Valhalla >我們將並肩作戰直至到達Valhalla神殿


沒有留言:
張貼留言